The Garden Route Business Circle has been in existence for approximately 18 months. We usually meet on the first Thursday of every month and the intention is to promote business networking along the Garden Route, with particular emphasis on Knysna.
Since October 2012, Anjul Trading, or better known as Anton Heymann and Julie Middleton, decided to ‘give it a bit of a kick’. We have started marketing the Business Circle, much more aggressively, with the end result of a very fast growing business networking event. At our first event as a ‘relaunch’ at Knysna Golf Club, we had approx. 90 attendees. At the next breakfast at Simola, the number of attendees grew to over 140!
The purpose of the Business Circle is to promote local businesses, doing business with locals!
1) There is no membership or joining fee – anybody is welcome.
2) We try and keep the cost of the breakfast to R50.00 or less per person.
3) During the event there is an ‘open floor’, where anybody can mention their business and its activities.
4) We have ‘Power Minutes’ available – these are short presentations lasting no more than 5 minutes. The cost of these specific presentations is R100.00 per minute and this goes towards covering our costs for organising the events. If you are a Power Minute presenter, you will be known as a co-sponsor of the event and we will advertise that fact in all our marketing material.
5) Marketplace – if you want to advertise a specific product e.g. a house for sale, then you can do so during the Marketplace slot. We ask for a voluntary donation towards the Business Circle, for making use of this excellent marketing platform.
6) We are building an on-line membership directory – this is free of charge and anybody can make use of the contact details.
7) If you want to book for the next event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of people that want to attend, with their names and contact telephone numbers.
If you want to speak to us, please call Julie on 082 322 3757 or myself on 0820 746352.
8) If you have vouchers or giveaways, please bring them to the next event.
9) We have a ‘rolling slideshow’ advertising companies and people present at each event.
For more information please send an email to i n f o @ g r b u s i n e s s c i r c l e . c o m or contact Julie on 082 322 3757 (when emailing, please remove spaces between characters).
The Garden Route Business Circle Team